Refunds & Exchanges
Returning an Unwanted Item
If you're not happy or unsatisfied with an item you purchased from www.modmypi.com you may return it within 30 days of purchase, and as long as the item has been unused and has the original packaging, you can send it back for a full refund *Exclusions Apply. The goods must be unused, in their original packaging and include all parts, accessories, manuals and tools that came with the product. If a product is returned in a used or non-saleable condition, we reserve the right to issue a partial refund for the goods. Goods returned in a non-saleable condition are subject to a 50% restocking fee.
If you wish to return an item please follow the Return an Item or Order link outlined in our contact form. All items being returned are your responsibility until they reach our warehouse. We strongly advise that you send via recorded delivery. Please ensure you package your return to prevent any damage to the items, as any damage caused in transit we cannot be held responsible for. Please also include your name, address, email, contact number and order number when returning your item, therefore we can locate your return and contact you if necessary. If you do not, we cannot guarantee your refund will be processed. Return shipping costs (the cost that you incur to send the item back to us) for unwanted goods must be paid for by you, the customer. ModMyPi LTD will refund any outbound shipping costs (the original costs charged by us to you, to cover the costs of us sending the item to you).
Warranty and Return of Faulty Products
ModMyPi LTD will replace any items which become defective within a 12 month period from receipt of cleared payment. This policy does not affect your statutory rights.
ModMyPi LTD does not warrant against failure or damage due to misuse such as, but not limited to incorrect installation, poor maintenance, abuse or neglect, using the product for something other than its intended purpose and alteration of the product.
ModMyPi LTD does not cover general wear on any of the items distributed through the www.modmypi.com website. Corrosion and/or deterioration caused by material fatigue defined as the natural breakdown of materials that occurs after extended use will not be covered under warranty.
Technical support for faulty products is offered via our product engineers on the ModMyPi Forums. We ask that all customers attempt to troubleshoot their issue with our engineers prior to lodging a request for a return or replacement of a product they deem faulty. If our engineers are unable to solve you issue they will issue an RMA and request the product back for testing. It can take up to 14 working days for us to receive your return, depending on which postal service you use. Once we receive your goods, we will test them within 48hrs. Following our assessment, we will contact you and, if found faulty we will be happy to either send a replacement component, refund the item, or we can offer credit for the items value for a future order.
Products returned that are tested and found to be without fault will be dealt with as per the section "Returning an Unwanted Item". As a gesture of goodwill, we will always offer to send items that are tested and found to be without fault back to you, the customer, free of charge. We DO NOT cover the return shipping costs of returned goods that are found to be without fault.
ModMyPi LTD will cover the shipping costs for faulty products up to the following values:
- UK - Products returned within the UK should be shipped via https://www.myhermes.co.uk/, and we will refund or otherwise cover the costs of shipping up to a value of £2.75 (Including VAT)
- International - Products returned from outside the UK should be shipped via a Standard Airmail Service, and we will refund or otherwise cover the costs of shipping up to a value of £8.00 (Including VAT)
We ensure that all our products are shipped in adequate packing to ensure they are protected. If you receive an item which you believe is damaged please refuse the item. Please also write on 'DAMAGED' on the drivers documentation. If you receive goods which are damaged you must notify us within 24 hours of delivery and we will endeavour to replace or refund them within a 7 day period. Please follow the Return an Item or Order link outlined in our contact form to notify us of an item arriving damaged. Please take picture of both the packaging and damage to the items to support your claim.
*Exclusions for Returning Unwanted Items
- Business to business (B2B) transactions: including orders made under our bulk purchasing and reseller rates are excluded from the 30 day cool-off period. These transactions are subject to a 20% restocking fee if goods are subsequently returned. Restocking fee is charged on the total Ex-VAT value of goods at 20%, and VAT added to this total as normal. Restocking fee does NOT include the cost to return goods to us, which cost must be paid by the customer.
- Orders where goods were purchased by MODMYPI to explicity cover a customer requirement. These transactions are subject to a 50% restocking fee if goods are subsequently returned. Restocking fee is charged on the total Ex-VAT value of goods at 50%, and VAT added to this total as normal. Restocking fee does NOT include the cost to return goods to us, which cost must be paid by the customer.
- If an item has been customised, for example branded cases, or personalised set up kits. We are unable to accept returns under any circumstances.