The brains of a Raspberry Pi joined with the LEGO building system. The BrickPi breakout board takes your Raspberry Pi into the physical world, by allowing it to directly interact with LEGO!
BrickPi3 helps you do more with LEGO MINDSTORMS by connecting LEGO sensors and motors to the Raspberry Pi. The Starter Kit includes a Raspberry Pi 3, Universal (UK/EU/US/AUS) Power Supply, Dexter Software pre-loaded micro SD card, RJ45 cable, one BrickPi board for connecting MINDSTORMS, an upgraded 6-sided acrylic case for attaching Lego technic bricks, and a battery power pack. LEGO parts not included.
BrickPi3 is best for someone who already has LEGO MINDSTORMS sensors and motors. The BrickPi3 connects to the Raspberry Pi, and replaces the MINDSTORMS Brick (brain of Mindstorm system).
Visit our BrickPi Product Support & Documentation page for step-by-step tutorials, technical specs, detailed product pictures, and sample code libraries.
What’s included in the BrickPi Starter Kit?
What’s required for assembly & use but NOT included?
- LEGO MINDSTORMS sensors, motors, cables & technic parts
- Tiny (jewelry-sized) phillips head screwdriver is recommended for assembly of the case.
- 8AA Batteries
If you are interested in a package with last 4 items included, check out the BrickPi Starter Kit.
- Connect 1 of many Grove Sensors.
- Connect up to 4 NXT or EV3 motors.
- Connect up to 4 NXT or EV3 sensors, both digital and analog.
- Battery pack powers the Raspberry Pi – and the whole robot.
- Libraries available in languages such as Python, Scratch & Java.
- Connect your LEGO MINDSTORMS robot to the web to control it remotely or integrate other internet services and data.
- Attach your LEGO Technic bricks to the BrickPi case to build an awesome robot!
This kit is best for people that already have LEGO MINDSTORMS NXT or EV3 and wants one or more of the following:
- More processing power
- Program in other languages (such as C, Python or Scratch)
- Interact with the web (web services, stream data somewhere, control remotely)
- Integrate WIFI
- Integrate other 3rd party sensors