Is there really much difference between this version and the new V2? Want to use primarily for children to learn code and do homework on etc.
what is the largest SD card this can take
I want to use this as my daily driver, What is the largest SD I can use or can I add an external SSD inside the case.
Showing 1 to 2 of 2 (1 pages)
Please Note. Tighter shipping regulations introduced in 2017 relating to the shipping of battery products means this item can only be shipped in quantities of up to 2 units via Royal Mail Air services, or up to 4 units via DHL air services. There are no quantity limits to the UK and certain EU destinations via DHL ground services - your shipping options will reflect this. For a full list of available Lithium Battery shipping destinations please click here.
Pi-Top is the Raspberry Pi laptop you build yourself! It's the perfect product to affordably and interactively learn about software and hardware on the Raspberry Pi!
The pi-top features:
- An all-in-one Raspberry Pi powered laptop with 10+ hours of battery life
- Fun build-it-yourself laptop (comes with easy image-based manual)
- Fully equipped with a keyboard, trackpad, screen, battery, charger and an 8GB SD card pre-formatted with our unique OS based on Jessie.
- 13.3” inch HD LCD screen and 262K colours (wide range of viewing angles)
- Practical and functional design with easy access to the Raspberry Pi in front via slidable acrylic slice.
- Free educational (MMORP) game included - CEED Universe
- Works with Raspberry Pi B+/2 & 3.
- Designed for ages 8+
Pi-Top Kit Contents
- 13.3” HD TFT LCD screen
- Pi-Top Laptop Chassis
- Pi-Top Hub
- Integrated Smart Battery
- Integrated Laptop Keyboard & Trackpad
- 5V 3A Power Brick (UK Plug)
- 8GB Pre-Loaded SD Card
- Please Note. Raspberry Pi is is NOT included.
Pi-Top is shipped with a revolutionary learning platform to expand your computer science knowledge. Our massive multiplayer online role-playing game CEED Universe takes you through a world of fantasy grounded in computing reality. Each Pi-Top comes with an 8GB Class 10 SD card pre-loaded with Pi-Top OS, a customised 'flavour' of Raspbian Jessie (the Raspberry Pi Foundation's official supported operating system). Connects to integrated cloud-based Pi-Top services allowing users to connect to their files and settings from any Pi-Top
- Pi-Top OS Directly interfaces with Pi-Top hardware for tasks such as:
- Battery life monitoring
- Screen brightness control
- Connecting to the internet in minutes
- Safe shutdown via power button
- Transferable unique user ID for easy data transfer
- Automatic cloud back-ups
- 3D Slash software for click ‘n’ create 3D printing
- CEED Universe Features:
- An enhanced learning platform for teaching computing through an approachable and gamified multi-layered learning portal. Learn how to build hardware, circuits, and code.
- Teaches users practical computing and hardware skills
- Free with all Pi-Top kits
- Shaped around the UK IT curriculum (in over 40+ schools)
- Ages 8+
- Learn how to Code in a gamified environment
- Build circuits
- Make hardware (and apply it into our software)
- 13.3” HD TFT LCD screen
- 1366 x 768 resolution
- eDP 1.2 interface
- 262K colours
- 3W power consumption
- Pi-Top Hub
- Power Management
- Battery Connection
- Screen Driver
- PCB Rail Circuitry
- Smart Battery:
- 10 hour run time
- Two-wire SMBus 2.0 Interface
- Advanced charge algorithms:
- JEITA recommended profiles with variable current
- Active cell balancing for extended lifetime
- Vast array of protection features: over-voltage, over-current, over-temperature, short-circuit and more.
- Injection moulded ABS
- Available in Grey or Green
- Keyboard: UK QWERTY
- Trackpad: Right-aligned, Both Tap-To-Click and physical mouse buttons, 65mm x 49mm
- Acrylic slice allows easy access to internal hardware - black laser etched surface easy to customise to school emblem or just for fun.
- Rubberised anti-slip surface contact points
- Product dimensions: 341mm x 209mm (WxD), Front thickness: 10mm, Rear thickness: 47mm
- Peripherals Included
- 8GB Class 10 SD card preloaded with Pi-Top OS
- 18V, 3A brick-type power supply - available (UK plug)
- Tool kit for assembly
- HDMI Cable
- Micro USB Cable
- GPIO Breakout Cable
- Power Control Cable
- Keyboard USB Cable