Be the first to ask a question.
The Quick2Wire Interface Board gives you easy access to all the features on your Raspberry Pi’s expansion header with added protection from burning the crust on your precious Pi!
Special Features of the Quick2Wire Interface Board
- We protect the GPIO pins from mistaken connections that might burn out the Pi. We have diodes to catch incorrect voltages and resistors to limit the current.
- The Raspberry Pi expansion header includes a 3.3v power line, but this only supports a low current. The interface board provides a high-power 3.3v power supply regulated down from the Pi's 5v supply. The current available depends on the power supply to the Pi. We find we can provide 1 amp with a conventional power adapter. Try the ModMyPi 5.25V 2A Raspberry Pi Power Adaptor for extra Juice!
- We bring out the I2C lines in an SDC header that includes ground, interrupt, 5v, and high-power 3.3v lines. Our extension boards can be daisy-chained to connect multiple I2C devices to your Pi.
- We bring out the SPI lines in an SDC header that includes ground, interrupt, 5v, and high-power 3.3v lines. The board is wired to accept a second SDC header for SPI (not included in this kit).
- The Pi's serial port uses 3.3v signal levels. Our serial connections include level shifting so that you can safely connect 5v devices such as an Arduino™. You can connect to your Pi's console from your PC using a USB FTDI™ cable (not included), so you can work with your Pi without an Ethernet connection.
The Quick2Wire Interface Board Features
- 8 General Purpose I/O (GPIO) pins
- Dround, 3.3 volt and 5 volt supplies
- An Inter-Integrated Circuit (I2C) interface
- A Serial-Peripheral Interface (SPI) interface
- Serial communications
- The board connects to the Pi with an included 26-way ribbon cable.
Downloads and Tutorials:
I2C and SPI Overview