Be the first to ask a question.
The RPi USB Expansion & FT2232H Evaluation Module connects to a Raspberry-Pi computer via a single USB port, and expands the number of external USB ports to three; 2 via a dual USB connector and 1 via the DIL connector pins.
RPi HUB Module also provides a dual channel USB UART/245FIFO/SPI/I2C/JTAG/GPIO interface converter. Additionally, by utilising the FT2232H USB Hi-Speed dual-port bridge chip which handles all the USB signalling and protocols, the module can easily support up to two flexible interfacing ports. It is ideal for development purposes to quickly prove functionality of adding USB to a target design.
The RPi USB Expansion & FT2232H Evaluation Module Features:
- USB 2.0 Hi-Speed compatible
- One standard USB type A plug to connect to the Host
- USB Hi-Speed FT2232H device for USBSerial/Bit bang communications. Entire USB protocol handled by USB module
- USB 2.0 Hi-Speed hub controller integrated to support up to 3 downstream USB ports
- External power input connector available to supply external downstream USB ports
- Support for USB suspend and resume
- Defaults to two independent UART interfaces
- All I/O pins operate at 3.3V and are 5V Safe
- UART data transfer rates from 300 baud to 12 Mbaud at 3.3V TTL levels
- Synchronous Serial (MPSSE) data rates of up to 30Mbps on JTAG, SPI and I2C
- One dual-port USB type A connector and 0.1”pitch header to support up to 3 downstream USB ports
- Green/Red status LED for downstream USB port 1 & 2.
- LED indicating power supply to external downstream USB ports
- On-board EEPROM 93LC56 for FT2232H configuration
- UHCI / OHCI / EHCI host controller compatible
Technical Data Sheet