Will this feed FlightRadar24?
I have successfully set-up a RPi currently with a RTL-SDR.com device I have borrowed from a friend. Can you see any reason why this device wouldn't feed FlightRadar24?
Will this work with Windows 10?
Software required to use with PC
What software is required to use this stick on a PC? What would be the minimum specification of a PC to use the stick with?
will this work on my pc
my pc is a A88X series asus running on windows 7 64 bit
Showing 1 to 4 of 4 (1 pages)
Automatic Dependent Surveillance - Broadcast (ADS-B) is a technology which enables aircraft to determine their position via satellite and then broadcast it. This information can be received by ground stations enabling aircraft to be tracked. With FlightAware, you can build and run your own ADS-B ground station that can be installed anywhere and receive real-time data directly from airplanes on your Raspberry Pi!
FlightAware has revolutionized the world of USB SDR ADS-B Receivers with the FlightAware Pro Stick and Pro Stick Plus, high-performance USB R820T2 Software Defined Radios (SDR) with a built-in RF amp for maximum ADS-B/MLAT performance. The first of its kind, FlightAware's Pro Stick is compatible with PiAware or any other device that supports USB RTLSDR receivers, and is less expensive than any other RTLSDR USB receiver in the world. The Pro Stick Plus adds a built-in 1090 MHz bandpass filter for increased performance and range of reception in areas with moderate RF noise as is typically experienced in most urban areas.
The Pro Stick and Pro Stick Plus are roughly the size of a traditional USB stick and require no external power. There are no moving parts.
Pro Stick Plus Features
- Higher Performance for ADS-B and MLAT
- Increases range 10-20% over Pro Stick when filtering is beneficial
- A 1090 MHz bandpass filter (whether built-in or a separate external part) is generally recommended for users in urban environments or with known high power radio transmitters nearby such as cell phone towers. Filtering is generally not recommended for users in rural environments. Filtering benefits may vary and are dependent on the installation location.
- Adds Built-in 1090 MHz filter with R820T2 SDR and RF Amplifier (USB powered)
- Native SMA connector yields reduced loss due to antenna cabling/adapters
- Easier to Setup
- SMA F connector for easy connectivity to high-performance antenna
- No MCX adapters required
- No external amplifier required
- Less Expensive
- Only $20.95. Over 40% cheaper than a Pro Stick and FlightAware external filter
- Lower shipping costs due to no unnecessary parts (e.g., remote control)
Pro Stick Plus Specifications
- Chip: R820T2
- Amplifier: 19dB with 0.4dB noise figure and OIP3 +39dB
- TCXO: 0.5 ppm
- Filter: 1,075 MHz to 1,105 MHz pass band with insertion loss of 2.3 dB; 30 dB attenuation on other frequencies
- Power Draw: 300 mA
- Weight: 17 g / 0.6 oz
- Dimensions: 95 mm x 32 mm x 13 mm
- Antenna Port: SMA female (requires SMA antenna cable and optionally N-male adapter for large antenna)
- Range: Over 300 nm/550 km depending on installation quality
- Performance: 10-20% more Mode S messages in installations where filtering is beneficial
- Computer: Raspberry Pi 3 Running PiAware Recommended