Be the first to ask a question.
The TPA3118 class D amplifier IC is a leap in terms of audio quality! The Volt Amplifier Board from Allo is a HAT sized implementation, designed to work with the Allo Piano DAC & Raspberry Pi.
- Using TPA3118 (better grounding of main IC)
- Anti-Pop circuit
- Bootstrap snubber mod
- Brand name components as per picture
- Radio avoidance switch (to reduce interference)
- PCB with extra copper (since on transient’s current can spike to 5A)
- This class D amplifier goes up to 2 x 50W Max
- The components used are specifically designed for high end audio devices (Würth Inductor, TI chipset, film capacitors and ± 1% thin film resistors)
- VOLT AMP boasts 4 output filters, 4 EMI Snubbers, 4 bootstrap capacitors and gain setting components
- And Additional Provision for stepped attenuator volume control
- Comes in two flavors (Volt and Vol+)
- Power Connector Jack Barrel size: 3.00mm ID (0.118"), 6.50mm OD (0.256")
- Chipset TPA3118D2
- Output 2 x 50W (Max) into a 4 to 8-Ω BTL Load
- Class D Operation 90% POWER EFFICIENCY
- SNR 102dB
- Supply Voltage UP TO 24V DC
- Operating Temperature -40°C to 85°C Ambient
- Board Size LWH = 58mm * 86.75mm * 32.06mm
- DC Connector Size 3mm x 7.3mm
- Mating Plug Size 3mm x 6.5mm
- Board Weight 120g
Please Note. The PCB comes in two flavours:
- Volt is a shield and beneath it has connector that will plug into our DACs (Piano and Piano 2.1). It has no RCA inputs. (Capacitance Multiplier can be added as a standalone board).
- Volt+ is a standalone amplifier with RCA IN (stereo). In addition to everything that the Volt has, we have added a circuit in the power supply that will reject spikes and noise to about 60db. The name of the circuit is "Capacitance Multiplier". Please note that Class D amplifier needs a quiet PSU. Volt+ can be used with our DACs through the RCA input, as a standalone board.